Monday, June 29, 2015

Off the Bookshelf: The Fiction Writer's BOOK OF CHECKLISTS, by Angela Hunt

This is book #9 in the Writing Lessons from the Front series by Dr. Angela Hunt.

I kinda wish I had this book in paper, so I could photocopy the checklists and have them just sitting there as I go through my next writing project. This is common sense stuff, folks -- but you know how it is, you forget some of the steps because there is so much involved in writing a great book. And I still wonder how people can insist that writing a book is easy .... yeah, just the people who have never tried to write one!

Checklists, and a brief discussion of what needs to be done in each step, include: Prewriting, First Draft, Second Draft, Submissions, and even a checklist and discussion of pros and cons and considerations if you want to try self-publishing.

One of these days, I'll have the whole series, but the ones I've bought so far are very useful, and all worth reviewing on a regular basis.

No comments: